A pastor is a gift from God to His church (Eph. 4:11-13). The pastor is responsible to lead and feed his congregation with the goal of equipping them to minister as mature believers, using the gifts God has given to them (John 21:15-17, Rom. 12:4-8). Scripture defines the job of the pastor and is his primary tool (2 Tim. 3:16-17, Eph. 6:17, 1 Tim. 6:2b-3, 2 Tim. 4:1-2). It is in Scripture that the pastor’s character is prescribed (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9), his motivation set (1 Peter 5:1 -3), his accountability declared (James 3:1, 1 Tim, 5:19-21, Heb. 13:17), his reward established (1 Tim. 5:17-18, 1 Cor. 15:58, 1 Tim. 6:6, 1 Cor. 3:9), and his purpose focused (Col. 1:28-29). This profile is an expression of these and other pertinent Scriptures.
PREFERRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Personality: Warm, outgoing, confident in his convictions but gracious rather than authoritative, good sense of humor, compassionate. visionary, characterized by integrity.
- Family: Married. The pastor’s wife should be ready to exercise her own spiritual gifts and talents within the church. The family should reflect a healthy Christian home.
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (REQUIREMENT)
Preferred candidate would be passionate about his personal relationship with his Heavenly Father; enthusiastic about his own walk so that he can model to the congregation an authentic and have a growing heart for God.
Candidates must be ordained and possess at least a Master in Divinity, though a Doctorate in Ministry (or comparable) degree is preferred. Candidates should be well-read and committed to ongoing learning and growth.
Preferred candidates should have ten (10) or more years of pastoral experience, with at least 5 years in multi-lingual Chinese-American Churches in North America. He should have experience and be competent in all pertinent phases of ministry, including multi-staff leadership. He also should have positive leadership in staff mentoring, development of lay leadership, and should understand and be sensitive to Chinese-American and Chinese immigrant culture.
We seek candidates who will develop a vibrant, expository pulpit ministry that emphasizes relating the breadth of Scripture to the listener’s life. Candidates should be able to relate to a wide spectrum of ages, different Chinese ethnicities, including different generations, overseas or American-born backgrounds. He should be able to communicate effectively with these diverse groups. It is preferable that he is proficient in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin and that he is familiar with the cultures of these language groups in America. He should adopt a team approach that is based on a relational style of leadership, able to work well with both men and women. Candidates must be skilled in listening as well as speaking.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY (REQUIREMENT)
CEFCLA views the local church as a fellowship of believers whose primary purpose is to glorify God. In that context, the role of senior pastor should be one that equips the saints for the work of ministry and mission by enabling each part of the church body to fulfill its distinctive role. This will be accomplished primarily through preaching and teaching, modeling of values, discipling the pastoral staff and leaders, and promoting worship as a vital element of congregational life. We consider the missionary outreach of the church to be one of its highest callings. Preferred candidates should possess a burden for the lost, demonstrated by an active involvement in fulfilling the Great Commission, both locally and globally. We are one church with three congregations under the lordship of Jesus Christ, loving and respecting one another, serving joyfully together to make disciples of all nations.
The senior pastor must support the Evangelical Free Church of America and uphold the constitution and by-laws of the Chinese Evangelical Free Church of Los Angeles.
To apply, please complete the application form. If you have questions, please email to Grace Chan at SPSearch@cefcla.org. Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Chinese Evangelical Free Church of Los Angeles is seeking a Lead Pastor to lead the English-speaking congregation. We are a family church with multiple language services (Cantonese, English and Mandarin) with about 150 Sunday English service worshipers under the lordship of Jesus Christ, loving and respecting one another, serving joyfully together to make disciples of all nations. We are seeking a full-time minister with an M. Div. and minimum two years of pastoral experience in America to provide spiritual leadership through teaching and shepherding in partnership with the Senior Pastor, church board and lead pastors of the other language congregations to oversee the body of Christ. For more information please contact Joyce at email@example.com .
JOB DUTIES (includes the following, but not limited to):
- Accountable to the Church Board through the Senior Pastor.
- Shepherd CEFC with special responsibility for the English-speaking members through leading, equipping and pastoral care.
- Lead and develop English ministry pastors and the shepherding team to achieve the mission and vision of CEFC:
- MISSION: We glorify God by spreading the Gospel through words, deeds and relationships transformed by the Gospel – from ourselves, to our families, our city and the ends of the earth.
- VISION: We seek to display the love of Christ to people of all walks of life and connect them to Christ through:
- Strengthening prayer life
- Developing campus ministry
- Connecting with neighbors/community
- Making disciples through mentoring
- Outreaching globally and locally
- Oversee the English ministry to achieve healthy growth of the church body.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Church Board and Lead Pastors for other languages on overall church direction and strategies.
- Preaching and Teaching:
- Prepare topical and scripture-based sermons, preaching on Sundays 2-3 times a month. Lead others to read the Bible and grow in their spiritual journey.
- Prayer and Praise: Lead the congregation in gospel-centered worship and prayer. Identify and train worship personnel, including the Friday night worship ministry.
- Equipping: Oversee the teaching ministry at CEFC so that discipleship is grounded in Scripture (Sunday School curriculum, Bible reading plan, train leaders via core and counselor meetings.)
- Fellowship: Oversee all the fellowship groups in the English ministry and encourage them to focus on sanctification, community and mission. Pastor fellowship groups: community groups and life stage groups
- Outreach/Evangelism: Cultivate a culture of evangelism in which every member is equipped and motivated to share the Gospel as a natural outflow of the Christian life.
- Caring: Care for members via visitations and counseling sessions
- Spiritual: A mature believer with a vital walk with Christ
- Education: Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary
- Experience: Three years of pastoral experience in America
- Has an appreciation and deep understanding of the Asian-American and Chinese immigrant culture
If interested, please complete this application form and make sure to attach the following:
- Personal Statement (please tell us about the following)
- Your testimony of how you came to know Christ
- Your testimony of calling to work in Ministry
If you have questions, please email to Joyce Hii at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Chinese Evangelical Free Church of Los Angeles (CEFCLA) is seeking an individual to serve as the Children Pastor who has the heart to shepherd, teach, equip and guide the children of the Children Ministry to grow up strong in their faith, being raised up in the Lord and to serve as God’s faithful warriors and ambassadors for generations to come. Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, the Children Pastor shall lead with vision and oversee the Children Ministry which runs from nursery through Grade 5 (age 0 to around 11 yrs old) while working closely with the Children Committee, Church Board and other lead pastors from the different congregations.
Job Duties (include the following but may not be limited to):
- MODEL the biblical mandate for all spiritual leaders to be men and women of prayer by devoting a significant portion of the ministry to intercede WEEKLY for the board and staff, the work and worship of the church, and the specific people under the ministry’s care. (Acts 6:4; Eph 6:18; Col 4:2; 1 Thess 5:17)
- Be accountable to the Church Board through the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain a clear, strong and passionate vision and mission.
- Shepherd the children congregation through leading, equipping and pastoral care.
- Plan and coordinate child development ministry from infant up to 5th grade through partnership with the Children Committee.
- Lead and oversee all children’s ministry programs and events, such as: Children Sunday School, Children Worship, AWANA, Vacation Bible School, Good News Club, children’s activities for church retreats and/or evangelical events, etc.
- Partner with the parents to help the children grow in their spiritual walk and faith-based child development
- Recruit and train up children workers.
- Lead and guide the Children Ministry Assistant
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Church Board and other Lead Pastors on overall church direction and strategies.
- Worship: put together each week’s Children Worship. Coordinate audio visual support, praise team, presider and speaker. Preach about once every two months. Serve as back-up in all different roles.
- Equipping: assist in teaching Sunday School. Identify and train up leaders via children workers meetings.
- Fellowship: Care members via visitations and phone calls.
- Outreach/Evangelism: reach out to the community through coordinating the annual Vacation Bible School and serve as Good News Club coordinator.
- Pastoral advisor of Board Children Committee.
- Spiritual: A born-again, baptized believer
- Education: Master of Divinity or Master of Arts degree from an accredited seminary
- Experience: 2 years experience with children and/or church ministry or equivalent
- Multilingual in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Has an appreciation and deep understanding of the Asian-American and Chinese immigrant cultures
- Has musical training and/or musical gift
*This is a full-time position who will directly report to the Senior Pastor*
If interested, please fill out the application form. If you have questions, please email to Frank Li at email@example.com. Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Chinese Evangelical Free Church office is seeking an office manager to join our church office team. If you have a passion to serve a dynamic local church community and have strong administrative and communication skills, we would love to hear from you. This is a salary exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- MODEL the biblical mandate for all spiritual leaders to be men and women of prayer by devoting a significant portion of the ministry to intercede weekly for the board and staff, the work and worship of the church, and the specific people under the ministry’s care. (Acts 6:4; Eph 6:18; Col 4:2; 1 Thess 5:17)
- Accountable to the Church Board through the Senior Pastor.
- Supervise to serve the administrative needs of pastoral staff, church board and members.
- Manage the church office staff, provide guidance on policies and record keeping, ensure efficient and effective daily operations in the office and all essential records maintenance including but not limited to property maintenance and data maintenance.
- Manage members/fellowships office support and facility usages.
- Collect, update and maintain staff timecard record.
- Manage employee benefits including retirement, medical and life insurance. Prepare annual renewal, new enrollment and cancellation if necessary.
- Execute church policy
- Maintains church database, includes updating member information, creating reports, tracking attendance.
- Supervises administrative staff, custodian and maintenance staff
- Attends staff meeting to collaborate with staff team.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS and QUALIFICATIONS
Applicant needs to abide with the CEFC Statement of Faith and willing to be a CEFC member once employed.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university and five years of work experience in administrative job with a minimum two year of managerial experience;
Required Knowledge of:
Utilization skills in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for both English and Chinese entries, and basic knowledge of utilizing database software. Ability to fluently communicate in writing and verbally in English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
Required Skills and Abilities to:
Maintain confidentiality in a spiritually mature manner, work effectively with others and in teams, attend to details, organize work, exercise good judgment and work independently.
If interested, please fill out the application form. If you have questions, please email to Twiner Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org.